News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Wrinkling analysis in hypersizer  (Read 31220 times)

WH

•  
Wrinkling analysis in hypersizer
« on: February 10, 2011, 06:52:19 PM »
the wrinkling equations detailed in the Hypersizer manual use k1=0.63 and k2=0.82.  Is it possible to adjust these coefficients? The reason I ask is because some aerospace manuals suggested lower values as low as k1=0.43 and k2=0.33 to account for the effect of waviness and other complicating factors.

Also does Hypersizer deals with the panel wrinkling as a whole or does it consider the localised peaking of loads across the width of the panel??

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Wrinkling analysis in hypersizer
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:12:16 PM »
The wrinkling coefficients, k1 and k2, can be adjusted on the options tab of the Project Sizing form. k1=0.63 and k2=0.82 are simply the default values in our template database. You may change these factors, then right-click and select "Set as Database Default" to apply your new default values.

The closed form solutions for wrinkling use the strength design-to loads. For an FEM, the strength loads are calculated using the statistical loading method selected on the Design-to Loads tab.  You have the option to select a statistical method (1 sigma, 2 sigma, etc.) or element based.

*updated "AID091 Sandwich Facesheet Wrinkling.HME.pdf" version 6.1
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:12:25 AM by Ryan »

WH

•  
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 03:13:22 PM »
Thanks James,

if you could forward me a copy of the updated "AID091 Sandwich Facesheet Wrinkling.HME.pdf" version 6.1

Cheers

WH

•  
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 04:33:10 AM »
Hi James,

where in the Options tab (Project Sizing form) that allows me to change these values??

WH

•  
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 06:29:51 AM »
Hi James, I found the options tab

Cheers