News: Contact us to upgrade your software!

Author Topic: Setting up projects using the API and including FE decks  (Read 16621 times)

HyperSizer Moderator

• HyperSizer Moderator
  • Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Setting up projects using the API and including FE decks
« on: July 17, 2008, 09:58:40 AM »
Question submitted by user via email:

When setting up projects using the API and including FE decks, I have always used FE models defined in English units, as there seems to be no way to toggle the units of the imported deck via the API and the default has always been English units. Is this still the case? I believe that my project units will now be automatically set to SI in the current database.

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: Setting up projects using the API and including FE decks
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:01:57 AM »
You are correct, there is no way in the object model to set the FEM units.   You can create the project in HyperSizer, go to the Import/Export options and change the import units, save the project, and then go back to the object model to continue on.  Version 5.3 also gives you the ability to right click on the units in the Import/Export form and save any unit as a default for this database.  If you do that, then every project created from this point forward will use your chosen units.

Note, there is a difference between the FEM Model units and the Project Units.  The FEM model units are used just to know how to import the model and export the resulting stiffnesses.  These settings will not affect what you see on the sizing form.  The display units are all governed by the project units.  This means you could have a model in SI units, import it, and do all analysis and sizing in English units, and it would put out the stiffnesses to the FEM back in SI units.

bacjac

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 09:23:31 AM »
Does this right click option stil work in 7.1.2 ? I need to have a databse with SI as the default fem units.

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 10:29:36 AM »
The Units form in 7.1 has a "Save As Defaults" button. Newer forms tend to use buttons as opposed to right-click context menus for this operation.

-Ryan