News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Design-To-Loads Tab  (Read 13057 times)

garyjh

• Client
    •  
Design-To-Loads Tab
« on: February 09, 2010, 06:02:58 AM »
After I have run a project or group analysis, with a 2-sigma FEA statistical loading method set in the Sizing Form Design-To-Loads tab, the Statistical FEA Loads Frame is not populated. Only when a component analysis is carried out is the Statistical FEA Loads Frame populated. Why? I have run several project and group analyses with 0, 1, 2 & 3 sigma and the loads in the Load Set Controlling Unfactored & Factored Frames change so statistical analysis is being carried out. The analysis is of a large FE model with many loads sets, groups and components, so do not want to run every component individually. The Hypersizer Pro manual does not explain this. I would have expected to see the critical loadcase Statistical FEA Loads Frame populated with every type of analyses, whether it be selected at the setup form (for the whole project), the group or component level.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 08:37:12 AM by garyjh »

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: Design-To-Loads Tab
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but as of now, the only way to get these statistical FEA loads is to analyze a single component.  We can put this on our list of enhancement requests, but we have no immediate plans to change this behavior.

If you needed this information for every component in a large model, one alternative would be to write a macro using the HyperSizer Object Model that would loop over all of the components in a model, analyze each component, extract the statistical loads (say into a spreadsheet) and then go on to the next component.

* UM Basic 6.1
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:02:21 PM by Ryan »