News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Sizing Results Save Location  (Read 12659 times)

JanPio

• Client
    •  
Sizing Results Save Location
« on: July 31, 2018, 10:13:00 AM »
Hi,
I wonder where the sizing results of HyperFEA iterations are saved. I sometimes use my "base project" to size the structure, and afterwards rename the project and/or the FEA folder (and then change the Run Deck location, but without Reimport) and noticed that sometimes sizing results disappear (i.e., I cannot create reports anymore, all the loads/ and results in the FEM-Viewer are not visible).
I thought the results are saved in the .hdb-file and are not affected by folder changes etc...
Thanks a lot,
Jan

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Sizing Results Save Location
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:16:04 AM »
Hi Jan,

Sizing results are actually stored outside of the HyperSizer database due to their size. They are stored in your project working folder (default: C:\HyperSizer Data\Projects\Temp).

When you copy a project in HyperSizer, it will prompt you to copy results if desired. Doing so actually copies the TEMP folder for that project and renames it with the new project name.

Thanks,
Stephen

JanPio

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 07:32:22 AM »
Hi Stephen,
that explains it
Can you also tell me if this works simply by folder names? Say, I deleted a project to clean up the database, but have a back-up of the results folder. If I just open a new project, import the old FEM, retrieve the back-up project folder (folder and project name match), will HS show all the results in the FEM-Viewer or is the connection to the results folder lost?
Thanks,
Jan

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 07:40:18 AM »
Jan,

Yes, the TEMP files are associated via folder name. So if you copy the project's TEMP folder onto a new computer (or the same one after it had been removed) with the same project in a database, HyperSizer should make the association and have all of the data needed to visualize results, generate reports, etc.

-Stephen

JanPio

• Client
    •  
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 07:54:37 AM »
Thanks a lot!