News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Complete Automated HyperFEA Loop  (Read 15630 times)

ULBsha

•  
Complete Automated HyperFEA Loop
« on: August 11, 2013, 08:30:20 PM »
Dear,

I am trying to size a finite element model with quite a lot of parameters. Therefore, one of my problems is the low number of permutations that I can put for my group variables in order to not exceed the allowable candidate designs.

I already use Object Model to define all my groups/materials/variable bounds... through an excel file.
However, what I would like to do is to:
- Set-up my initial hypersizer project (with all the groups/materials/concepts/group variables/...)
- Run HyperFEA
- Read all the optimum values for group variables (or write them anywhere so that they can be treated for the next step)
- Update all the 'minimum' and 'maximum' group variable bounds intho Hypersizer (according to previous optimum values)
- Re-run HyperFEA until convergence

Is it possible to automate the entire loop so that when I lunch the first step, everything is done automatically until the convergence ?

Thanks a lot.

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Complete Automated HyperFEA Loop
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »
I believe everything you listed is possible:

* Set-up project - Group.VariableBound(), Group.VariableMaterial()
* Run HyperFea - Project.ResetFeaLoads(), Project.Size(), Project.UpdateFEM()
* Read optimum values - Component.ResultVariable(), Component.ResultVariableMaterialKey()

An example of running a HyperFEA loop has been posted in online help:
http://hypersizer.com/help/index.php#COM/HyperFea/com-hfea-overview.php

-Ryan

arnaudfroidmont

•  
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 05:28:27 AM »
Dear Ryan,

Is it possible to do this with version 6.1.8 of Hypersizer. I saw that the updateFEM command was only added later on. Is there any workaround this?

Thanks a lot for your answer

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 11:42:36 AM »
In 6.1 updating the FEM took two steps:
1) In the HyperFEA application, you needed to use the "Pre-Process FEM" button. This pre-process split the FEM into several include files - PM, CL, CP, etc.
2) When sizing or analyzing the PM, CL, and CP files were written out for whatever components are active. The next time you ran the FEM the newly sized properties (in the PM1 include files) would be in the FEM.

You might be able to simulate a HyperFEA-like loop if you split the FEM into the necessary include files and then run a script that sizes the project and submits to FEA.

In 6.2 we added the concept of a separate "Update FEM" process that creates a brand new FEM from scratch - without a pre-pocess step and without sizing the project.