News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: No MS Crippling for I beam stiffened panel  (Read 14030 times)

HyperSizer User

• Client
    •  
No MS Crippling for I beam stiffened panel
« on: February 02, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »
we have a case in which no crippling MS are calculated for a stiffened panel with I beam stringer concept.

We are getting margins for panel and local buckling.

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: No MS Crippling for I beam stiffened panel
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »
I believe that the reason that there are no crippling margins is that you do not have any strength margins turned on. The way HyperSizer is currently configured for metallics, you must have strength margins turned on for limit and ultimate loads for each object of your cross-section. HyperSizer uses these strength analyses to determine the crippling allowable load for each object. So you need to turn on strength margins for the bonded combo, web and bottom flange objects.

Later this spring, we are going to be developing a "detail analysis" form where you can dictate which strength analyses that feed into crippling and you will also be able to get more detailed information in real time about the results coming back from the crippling analysis. I know that other than what comes back in the stress reports, the information coming back from crippling has been lacking.

After this, you will not be required to explicitly turn on the strength analyses to get back crippling results.

Please let me know if you need further clarification.