News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: HyperSizer Project and ABAQUS models  (Read 14241 times)

JEA

• Client
    •  
HyperSizer Project and ABAQUS models
« on: November 18, 2010, 09:42:47 AM »
Is there anything different that needs to be done when importing an ABAQUS model into a HS project? (compared to importing a NASTRAN model).

I am using v5.8.
I have changed the pulldown menu on the set up tab to "ABAQUS"
Then linked to an .odb for the "FEM filename"  (when clicking the ... button, the window option is an odb, not an inp)
Then set a PM1 file
Then linked to the same .odb for the "FEA Forse Result Output Filename"

Then I save the project.

When I try to import the FEM, I get an error..
"Line #0, Error #53, File not found: HsAbaqus.dll"

I checked the installation directory for HyperSizer, and an HsAbaqus.dll file exists in the executable sub-directory.

The same error has been seen on another machine.

Thanks.

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
Re: HyperSizer Project and ABAQUS models
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 05:52:12 PM »
The Abaqus integration in v5.8 was very much a beta release.

Version 6.0 (to be released soon) is a stable version which is documented in the 6.0 Pro Manual. Abaqus-HyperFEA support is also included.

As a preview, attached is a template INP file showing the necessary options for HyperSizer compatibility.

In 6.0, HyperSizer needs to have the centroidal section forces output to the (binary) results file (*.FIL) and model data output to the data file (*.DAT --> *preprint, model=yes). *Shell General Sections and *Beam General Sections are supported.

On import, HyperSizer will generate a copy of the original INP file (vehicle.inp --> vehicle_iXX.inp) with an include statement referencing the HyperSizer generated PM1 file. The new PM1 file (generated after every HyperSizer analysis) will overwrite the original properties for each panel/beam analyzed.

This 'working FEM' (vehicle_iXX.inp) can be executed after any HyperSizer analysis. Loads can then be updated in the project by referencing the vehicle_iXX.fil results file. This process can be done with or without HyperFEA.