News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Miscellaneous Software Topics / Re: Analysis time increased with 7.3.37 installation
« Last post by James on February 21, 2018, 10:43:33 AM »
Actually this flag has been set = No by default in v7.3.50 and newer.

-James
Miscellaneous Software Topics / Re: Analysis time increased with 7.3.37 installation
« Last post by James on February 20, 2018, 10:54:33 AM »
Ruben,

To play it safe, we set this flag to "yes" by default. However you're right. It only really becomes an issue for panels with high aspect ratio. If you think this doesn't apply to you then you could set it to false. In fact, you may want to run the analytical methods instead. These run much faster and they handle curved panels now.

To activate the analytical buckling methods for curved panels, select the backdoor flag

Misc > "Curved Panels use Flat Panel Buckling" = Yes.

this flag needs to be renamed. It actually means that HyperSizer will use the analytical methods for curved panels. The analytical methods to handle curvature now.. so no additional conservatism.

I hope this is helpful.

-James
« Last post by Ruben on February 20, 2018, 10:44:52 AM »
Hi James,

Just wondering why the option is on as default if it slows the software down so significantly, or does it only try more m and n modes when the aspect ratio is greater that 15/1?
We're thinking about setting the flag to No in our Template.

Regards,
Ruben
Hi Jennifer, are these videos still up to date or are they outdated now?
Scripting / Re: updating laminate offset with the HyperSizer_Spreadsheet_Utilities.xlsx
« Last post by James on January 26, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
No. Can you update to v7.3.50 ?  That is our latest version.
We are still using v6.3. Will this work for that version as well?
Bolted Joints / Re: Where did hypersizer get their BJSFM code?
« Last post by James on January 24, 2018, 06:08:24 PM »
We obtained the BJSFM code from an open source. However, over the years we have fixed bugs and issues that we encountered with the public release. We have used it often and we believe it is very robust. We have also performed verification with detailed FEM to compare the predicted stress fields from the application of bearing + bypass loads.

-James
Panel Buckling / Re: Panel Buckling with Fixed Boundary Conditions and Pure Shear
« Last post by James on January 24, 2018, 05:56:45 PM »
I'm curious how you applied the shear load and BC. Those loads and BC are not easy to get right.

You could try to use HyperFEMgen to create the verification FE model.
See: https://hypersizer.com/help_7.3/#FemGen/fg-overview.php%3FTocPath%3DFeatures%7CFEM%2520Interface%7CHyperFEMgen%7C_____1

HyperFEMgen will create a simple smeared model for the honeycomb panel and apply the static and buckling cases. It supports fixed-fixed BC.

I ran a quick study to compare my HyperSizer results with FEA (see attached images). Notice that the FEA EV = 9.06, and the HyperSizer MS = 8.08. To compare to FEA, add '1' to the MS to get the EV (EV = MS + 1).

FEA EV = 9.06
HyperSizer EV = 9.08

Mode shape appears to be the same.

I hope this is helpful.

-James

-
Scripting / Re: updating laminate offset with the HyperSizer_Spreadsheet_Utilities.xlsx
« Last post by James on January 24, 2018, 05:33:03 PM »
Here is a new spreadsheet (download here: https://hypersizer.com/transfers/public/index.php?dir=&download=HyperSizer_Spreadsheet_Utilities_Added_Offset_2018-01-24.xlsm).

I included a new keyword = addedoffset. This will allow you to report and set a real value to the "Added Offset" field on the options tab. This should work for panels and beams.

I hope this is helpful.

-James
Scripting / updating laminate offset with the HyperSizer_Spreadsheet_Utilities.xlsx
« Last post by ngordon on January 23, 2018, 05:26:19 PM »
Using the provided spreadsheet utility (C:\Program Files (x86)\HyperSizer\Docs\XLS\HyperSizer_Spreadsheet_Utilities.xls), I would like to update the reference plane and offset. For an individual component, you can update the ref plane in a laminate, but I do not see an option for updating the offset. Any ideas? Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10