News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Brent, is this something that we could include in the smeared grid stiffened plugin package? Then we could provide it to Martin.

-James
Martin,

Currently there is not a native capability in HyperSizer to satisfy your stiffener/skin geometry constraints. However, these geometry checks are good candidates for an analysis plugin in HyperSizer. An analysis plugin can act as a geometry check in the failure tab returning either a "pass" or "fail" for the candidate design being analyzed.

Our help system contains a detailed tutorial explaining how to get started writing analysis plugins. There is also a good amount of sample code available to download on our help system  including a stiffener EA geometry check plugin.

See help topic: https://hypersizer.com/help_7.3/#Udef/Tutorial/udef-tut-reqs.php%3FTocPath%3DAnalysis%2520Plugins%7CDeveloper%2520Tutorial%7C_____1   

Brent
Within the Orthogrid concept is there a method where i can allow Hypersizer to complete the sizing of the components but respecting some minimum machining constraints placed upon it. 
As a guideline, if the following web thickness v maximum spacing had been stipulated - 

dimensions in mm
 Web       Max
Thick    Spacing
1.0        50
1.5        90
2.6        150
3.5        350

Minimum spacing in all concepts = 50mm

Is there an option within Hyeprsizer that it checks all the configurations of web thickness v Spacing?  I understand that it may take longer to run the analysis.

I have found way round it by running 4 separate jobs, sizing, create an excel stress report and then extract the lightest solution.  Once the minimum mass solution is known, the project can be reanalysed with the corresponding dimensions. 

This is a viable method but it seems a very manual technique and I was wondering if this is the most efficient way or I have missed some methodology within Hypersizer?

Martin
hello,
I'm facing a problem during Hyperfea optimization process combined with FEA constraints implementation related to the spars of a wingbox . More in detail, although max displacement target value (Tmax=945 mm) is achieved after 5 iterations (943.19 mm)the following iterations don't seem to converge to above mentioned value instead continue to reduce max displacement value by increasing membrane stiffness and mass of affected components (spars caps). In attachment you can find some pictures which i hope will help you to better understand the problem.

thank you

Eugenio   
Miscellaneous Software Topics / Re: 90Grid - Grid stiffened Panel Family
« Last post by James on October 12, 2017, 12:56:34 PM »
Martin,

The help file is out of date. The 90 grid has been removed from the interface.

To change the stiffener direction, you should rotate the material vectors so they are pointed in the assumed stiffener direction. You can do this in the FEM viewer. See: https://hypersizer.com/help_7.3/#Form-Graphics/Drop-Down/08-DD-Element.php%3FTocPath%3DSoftware%2520Forms%7CFEM%2520Viewer%7CQuick%2520Reference%7CMenus%7C_____10
Hit the nail on the head.

Thank you - I switched the flag to No and the anlysis took 00:01:10.  Back to a similar time frame to the previous model.

Thanks again
Miscellaneous Software Topics / 90Grid - Grid stiffened Panel Family
« Last post by martinjb on October 12, 2017, 07:56:17 AM »
Dear Hypersizer,

I have just been looking at different concepts for the Grid Stiffened Panel Family and I was looking to try and understand if the stiffeners would be better aligned in the 0 or 90 deg direction.  In the concept selection tab it only allows me to choose a 0Grid.  Has the 90 Grid been removed from the family?

Looking at the help file Software Forms/Sizing Form/Dimensions Tab/Panel and Beam Families/Grid Stiffened Panel Family it shows the options that can be selected on the 90Grid.

Is the helpfile out of date or has my installtion not completed fully?

Also the S0 has no ticks in the table.  Is this an omission or does the S0 column need to be in the helpfile?

Martin
Miscellaneous Software Topics / Re: Analysis time increased with 7.3.37 installation
« Last post by James on October 12, 2017, 07:09:10 AM »
Hi Martin, I believe this has to do with the exhaustive search flag in the backdoor data options.

Open the backdoor data form > Buckling Coefficients tab > Panel buckling energy solution exhaustive search

Set flag = No.

This flag prompts HyperSizer to try more m and n half modes for the energy buckling solution. This will slow the software significantly. It is only necessary for the buckling analysis of curved panels with long aspect ratios (> 15/1).

-James
HyperSizer Stress Reports / Re: OrthoGrid Within Excel Stress Report
« Last post by James on October 12, 2017, 07:00:43 AM »
Thanks Martin. We'll get this fixed.
HyperSizer Stress Reports / OrthoGrid Within Excel Stress Report
« Last post by martinjb on October 12, 2017, 05:43:28 AM »
Dear Hypersizer,

When creating stress reports in Excel the Orthogrid worksheet has a picture of the orthogrid dimensions that fills the whole screen. Could this be reduced in size as the worksheet is unusable in the present condition? 

The worksheet also has a frozen pane, so if you try and scroll to the orthogrid data you have to un freeze the pane, resize the picture, scroll down to the data and then delete all the extra rows that have been created owing to the picture being so large.

It is not a bug or an error, but an inconvenience when we are doing quick studies looking at orthogrid data in different stress reports, as it has to be completed on each report and then saved.

Regards,
Martin 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10