News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Can't find a compatible DirectX 3D depth buffer  (Read 32137 times)

cmcho

• Client
    •  
Can't find a compatible DirectX 3D depth buffer
« on: September 09, 2008, 01:51:22 AM »
I have an error message as the title of this topic though my graphics card meets all you have suggested. I tried everthing I can do.. latest directX from Microsoft, update graphics card driver. I also witnessed the Hypersizer works well in my colleague's computer with the same configuration. The last thing I have to do is to reinstall the OS. Is there any possiblity to cure this problem? Thanks in advance for this reply.

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: Can't find a compatible DirectX 3D depth buffer
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:29:36 AM »
Just to be sure, make sure you are not trying to run HyperSizer over emulation or over Remote Desktop or any other program like that.  The HyperSizer graphics will not work on these types of environments.

If you are running HyperSizer directly on your computer, this error is most likely due to a problem with the configuration of Microsoft DirectX on your computer.  You can check out the DirectX configuration by following these steps.

1. Go to Start - Run, type "dxdiag" in the Run window and press OK.

2. A window should pop-up called the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.  First check toward the bottom of this window for the DirectX Version.  Make sure it is version 8.0 or above.

3. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, go to the "Display" tab.  There should be a button  that says "Test Direct3D".  If that button is grayed out, then you don't have 3D acceleration enabled on this computer.  You might need to reinstall DirectX from the Microsoft website.

4. Press the "Test Direct3D" button.  You should be walked through a series of tests where rotating cubes are displayed on your screen.

Please try all of these steps and let me know the results.  If DirectX appears to be correctly configured on your computer, then we can try looking for another solution.

Phil

cmcho

• Client
    •  
Re: Can't find a compatible DirectX 3D depth buffer
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:27:47 PM »
Thank you for the solution. It is now working.

Direct 3D was inactive. When I disabled "DirectDraw", "Direct 3D" was enabled and then problem was solved.