News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Exporting group data from one database to another  (Read 22703 times)

Ruben

•  
Exporting group data from one database to another
« on: July 16, 2020, 06:59:57 AM »
Hi,

When we are exporting group data from one database, the spreadsheet utility works as required, quickly getting all group data. However, when we try and import this data into another hypersizer database, each component has lost its Concept and variables (min/max/step materials) and they require setting again.
I'm sure I've used this in the past with no problem, is it an issue with using it with v8.0.54, and if so, is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Ruben

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Exporting group data from one database to another
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 09:43:03 AM »
When you create groups, do you have conflicting concepts/dimensions for the components in the group? I believe the software resets the group definition if it sees conflicting inputs, because all group inputs need to be the same for the components within the group.

-James

Ruben

•  
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 12:19:25 PM »
No, I created a simple model with each assembly having the same concepts, dimensions and materials. If I create the groups through the FEM viewer, it works fine.

Ruben

•  
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 12:56:25 PM »
Hi James,

In my simple example, I've got two FEM projects, both exactly the same model, but with one I set up the groups in the FEM viewer.
I've attached some screen grabs to try and show the issue we're having.

Figure 1 shows the project that contains the required group data. It is contained within the 'upper_skin' group which has components 74 and 75, both identical in terms of variable limits and effective laminates that they can choose. (I've tried it with metallics and get the same result).

Figure 2 shows the two groups correctly exported from Hypersizer, from the project called 'groups' that has the group data.

Figure 3 shows the result of importing the group data into the other project 'no_groups', where I want to recreate the group data.

Figure 4 shows the result in Hypersizer, where concepts and variables have been reset.

Any more info, I can send it on. Database is about 35mb though.

Regards,
Ruben