News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Monitor resolution  (Read 51324 times)

aeromonk009

• Client
    •  
Monitor resolution
« on: June 24, 2020, 03:59:55 PM »
Hello,

I have been using Hypersizer at a monitor resolution of 1920 x 1200 at work. I have the override DPI in Windows 10 turned on.

My home setup includes a monitor at 1920 x 1080. when I use Hypersizer on this screen, the sizing form window is messed up. Is there a way to resolve the setting so that I can see Hypersizer forms on screen without any issue?

Thanks,

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Monitor resolution
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 04:14:19 PM »
Hello,

You might need to disable Window's inbuilt DPI scaling. If you go to the properties of HyperSizer.exe (found in C:\Program Files (x86)\HyperSizer), look for the setting in the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Stephen

aeromonk009

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 05:35:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply Stephen. Usually I have DPI scaling turned on. After I turned it off, the project sizing window seems to be missing the min,max, and close option at the top left corner; and the window seems to be truncated as well. Please see the attachment. Appreciate your help!

Regards,
Raj

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 11:50:04 AM »
Hello,

Apologies, I missed in your first post that you have that setting active already. That would be our recommendation. Is there some other Windows scaling going on that might be affecting it? I'm not sure I've ever seen this happen on a "normal" resolution with the DPI scaling setting active.

Thanks,
Stephen

aeromonk009

• Client
    •  
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 02:23:19 PM »
Stephen,

Thanks for the response.

I changed couple of additional options on the DPI setting window for Hypersizer. It seems to have fixed the problem.

Please see the attached image. The options shown in blue were already selected for windows 10 compatibility. I turned on the options highlighted in yellow. Now HS sizing form shows up completely in the 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor.

Regards,
Raj

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 03:27:09 PM »
Awesome, glad you got it to work and thanks for sharing the successful settings!