News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Discrete stiffener techniques 4 and 5  (Read 23244 times)

Karthik

• Client
    •  
Discrete stiffener techniques 4 and 5
« on: June 22, 2020, 12:59:13 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to size a model that has discrete stiffeners (shell elements for web and flanges). For detailed sizing, Hypersizer only gives me option to choose from technique 2 or 3 (stiffeners represented as 1D elements). Wondering if this is a license issue or I am missing something. I am using version 7.3.57.

Thank you.

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Discrete stiffener techniques 4 and 5
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 11:20:32 AM »
Hello,

Current versions of HyperSizer actually only supper techniques 1-3, where stiffeners are either not modeled, modeled as bar elements, or modeled as a combination of bar and shell elements. "Technique 4" stiffeners can still have their individual portions sized for local strength and stability without using the DSM force summation approach.

Thanks,
Stephen

Karthik

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 12:14:01 PM »
Thanks for the response Stephen. Was there a specific reason / concern for discontinuing the support for techniques 4 and 5?

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »
We suspended support for those two techniques to focus efforts on the ones our customers used more commonly, but we are open to supporting additional modeling approaches in the future!