News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: CBAR pin flags removal  (Read 23552 times)

Gawain

• Client
    •  
CBAR pin flags removal
« on: January 15, 2020, 01:07:05 PM »
Hi

Is there anyway to stop the removal of pin flags within CBAR element during the FEA update within HyperFEA?

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
Re: CBAR pin flags removal
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 03:38:59 PM »
Hi Gawain,

I did some testing with a simple test model myself running version 7.3.72, and I was not able to reproduce the behavior you're seeing. My test model does not modify the CBAR element entry in the input file.

Did you confirm this was happening by inspecting the _i iteration FEM?

Thanks,
Stephen

Gawain

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 04:51:23 AM »
Hi Stephen

I think the issue was I didn't reimport the FEM after I changed the pin flags for a couple of the CBAR elements, as I didn't think I needed to this.  I was under the impression that Hypersizer would just take a copy of the original .bdf/.dat file and update that file, but I'm assuming on import something trigger that I have pin flags on those BAR elements.  Does Hypersizer store a copy of the FEM within the software? 

Thanks
Gawain

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:15:59 AM »
Gawain,

HyperSizer does store a simplified representation of the FEM in the software for visualization purposes, but when iterating with HyperFEA it goes back to the FEM file(s) indicated on the Setup form. So if you make a change to those FEM files after import and begin iterating with FEA, it should include your changes.

Were you able to confirm that it is working as expected if you reimport the FEM? I would not have expected this to be necessary either.

-Stephen

Gawain

• Client
    •  
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 12:49:08 PM »
Stephen

Yes it only worked once I reimport the FEM.  It didn't recognise the pin flags until I reimported the FEM.

Gawain 

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »
Gawain,

Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the update and I'm glad it seems to be working as expected now!

-Stephen