News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Backdoor data - 'Use Summed Panel for Object Analysis'  (Read 23802 times)

Gawain

• Client
    •  
Backdoor data - 'Use Summed Panel for Object Analysis'
« on: January 20, 2020, 06:11:11 AM »
Hi

The Hypersizer help states that this Backdoor data tab should be switched 'ON' for sizing, but yet switched 'OFF' for final margins.  Is there a reason for this, as switching this setting off and on makes a big difference to the final panel sizes.

Gawain

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Backdoor data - 'Use Summed Panel for Object Analysis'
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 09:17:32 AM »
It's okay to keep the segment loads flag set = Yes for final MS.

It depends whether you want to use the FEA-computed local object loads, or allow HyperSizer to compute the local object loads from the total segment load. Perhaps on the final pass you may want to use the FEA-computed local object loads because the FEM and the dimensions/materials in HyperSizer are the same. If you're okay with always using the segment loads approach to determine the object loads, then keep it = Yes.

FYI.. there's good documentation on this load summation approach. See: http://hypersizer.com/download.php?type=analysis&file=AID000_Panel_Segment_Loads_HME.pdf

I hope this is helpful.

-James

Gawain

• Client
    •  
Re: Backdoor data - 'Use Summed Panel for Object Analysis'
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 09:57:18 AM »
Thanks James

Is the segment approach designed around the using the summed object loads?  I asking because I believe the preferred approach to sized a discretely stiffened panel is to use Plate and Bars concepts first, which does not use the summed object loads and then do a final sizing with stringer segments.  As this approach is deemed quicker.

However if the Plate and Bar approach doesn't use the summed object load, and the uses the individual object loading, then stringer segments will want to but more loading within the skin instead of the stiffener.

Is there a preferred process for sizing a discretely stiffened panel?

Gawain