News: Contact us to upgrade your software!

Author Topic: "Run Nastran" Fatal Error  (Read 29491 times)

James.rogers@nasa.gov

• Client
    •  
"Run Nastran" Fatal Error
« on: October 02, 2019, 04:51:07 PM »
I recently removed some components from a FEM within Patran and created a new load case for the model. When I imported the .bdf and .F06 into my original "FEA Project" I expected some assemblies to be empty, and for me to have to remove them. Unfortunately, the component names and numbers were nearly all mixed up. I reassigned the correct component numbers, names, assemblies, and display groups to each individual component. When I used the "Run Nastran" feature, it would perform the initial sizing, but encounter a fatal error when solving.

Attached is an image of the error message within the "Run Nastran" feature, and the fatal error message within the i.f06.

Any insight would be appreciated.

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: "Run Nastran" Fatal Error
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 06:19:34 PM »
Can you confirm that the FEM ran successfully after you updated the input file.. before you tried to run HyperFEA?

James.rogers@nasa.gov

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 08:45:40 AM »
Yes. I solved the .bdf file created by patran with nastran. The resulting .F06 had no fatal or warning messages

James.rogers@nasa.gov

• Client
    •  
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 02:23:33 PM »
I did some investigating today. Not only does the original .bdf file solve in Nastran without issue, the i.bdf generated by the "Run Nastran" feature can also be solved by Nastran without issue. It appears that error message in the earlier post is only generated by Nastran when using that feature.

James.rogers@nasa.gov

• Client
    •  
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 02:30:22 PM »
The issue is resolved. This  is attributed to user error. The digital work space I was using linked the "Run Nastran" feature to an obsolete version of nastran. Because of this, some values were incompatible with the obsolete nastran version. By linking the "Run Nastran" feature to the correct version, the issue no longer occurred.