News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Auto-Calculating Buckling Spans  (Read 24080 times)

behrendmp

• Client
    •  
Auto-Calculating Buckling Spans
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:41:22 PM »
I'm attempting to run a parametric study when I scale a model in different directions, and reimport the new FEM into an existing database with pre-populated sizing variables, assembly membership, etc.

I see the documentation that buckling spans are not re-computed when re-importing FEM to prevent user-modified spans to be overwritten. But if I want that to happen, is there a way to script this, without having to manually go into the FEM viewer and clicking auto-calculate buckling lengths? Maybe an option in the existing database I'm not seeing?

Thanks for your time.

August

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Auto-Calculating Buckling Spans
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 01:52:04 PM »
Hello,

Unfortunately there is not a way to trigger the buckling span auto-calculate via scripting. This can only be triggered by removing the FEM and importing (but then you lose more of the project setup), or via the FEM viewer.

Another option might be to write a script do a fresh import of all of your FEMs into dummy projects, and pull the buckling spans out after importing each FEM. You could then use this list of buckling spans to update your 'master' project that's being used for your sizing each time the Reimport function is run.

-August

behrendmp

• Client
    •  
Re: Auto-Calculating Buckling Spans
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 03:15:06 PM »
Thanks for the quick response and your helpful suggestion. Doing the dummy project import sounds like a reasonable work around. Much appreciated.

- Mike