News: Contact us to upgrade your software!

Author Topic: Error Message  (Read 21416 times)

Ruben

•  
Error Message
« on: October 19, 2018, 04:13:16 AM »
Hello,

When I use the spreadsheet utility, or use the COM interface through some Python code, I get a "HyperSizer has stopped working message the first time", with the attached messages from the spreadsheet and the command line. However if I immediately run it again, it works fine. It consistently doesn't work on the first attempt for me, but for my colleague it works first time. Any ideas what might be causing this issue for me? It seems to be the OpenDatabase part of the COM interface.

Regards,
Ruben

August

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Error Message
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 09:04:35 AM »
Hi Ruben,

This may not necessarily be a HyperSizer-specific error. The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) referenced in the error message is a Windows-level entity that manages COM interfaces in general. It appears that the RPC on your computer may be the source of the trouble here, since the COM works fine on your colleague's computer.

There seems to be a variety of fixes on Google for RPC failures. Or you might see what your IT people can do.

Is the database local, or on a server?

Best,
-August

Ruben

•  
Re: Error Message
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I don't think I've changed anything, but it appears to be working again!