News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: FEM Filter File definition in COM Object Model  (Read 19280 times)

danvic

• Client
    •  
FEM Filter File definition in COM Object Model
« on: July 20, 2018, 11:48:40 AM »
Is there a scripting way to refer to a FEM filter file while using the Project.ImportFEM Method?
It seems that a workaround using templates would also not be an option, especially if new FEA projects are created by code.

Thanks!

Stephen

• Administrator
    •  
Re: FEM Filter File definition in COM Object Model
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 10:36:04 AM »
Hi danvic,

Unfortunately there is not currently a way to refer to a filter file through the scripting API. I have logged this for our developers as desired functionality for a future release.

It may be possible to use templates as a intermediate solution depending on your desired workflow. If you are creating projects one-at-a-time, you could specify the path to a generic filter file in the template used to create the database. Then overwrite any existing filter file  before you call the Project.ImportFEM() method, such that the new one is used when the FEM is imported to the database.

The other (obvious) solution is to set up the project as normal using the scripting API, have your process export the filter file, etc. then manually come in and point the projects to the desired file. I understand that neither of these is as clean as you would like, unfortunately.

Thanks,
Stephen

danvic

• Client
    •  
Re: FEM Filter File definition in COM Object Model
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:03:37 AM »
Stephen,

The solution using a generic filter file will work perfectly with my workflow in the meantime. Thanks for the quick response. I missed the fact that I could save a default path to a filter file in a template.

Thanks!