News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Minimum web v Maximum spacing Machining requirements  (Read 15892 times)

martinjb

• Client
    •  
Minimum web v Maximum spacing Machining requirements
« on: October 23, 2017, 04:14:21 AM »
Within the Orthogrid concept is there a method where i can allow Hypersizer to complete the sizing of the components but respecting some minimum machining constraints placed upon it. 
As a guideline, if the following web thickness v maximum spacing had been stipulated - 

dimensions in mm
 Web       Max
Thick    Spacing
1.0        50
1.5        90
2.6        150
3.5        350

Minimum spacing in all concepts = 50mm

Is there an option within Hyeprsizer that it checks all the configurations of web thickness v Spacing?  I understand that it may take longer to run the analysis.

I have found way round it by running 4 separate jobs, sizing, create an excel stress report and then extract the lightest solution.  Once the minimum mass solution is known, the project can be reanalysed with the corresponding dimensions. 

This is a viable method but it seems a very manual technique and I was wondering if this is the most efficient way or I have missed some methodology within Hypersizer?

Martin

Brent

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Minimum web v Maximum spacing Machining requirements
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:53:58 AM »
Martin,

Currently there is not a native capability in HyperSizer to satisfy your stiffener/skin geometry constraints. However, these geometry checks are good candidates for an analysis plugin in HyperSizer. An analysis plugin can act as a geometry check in the failure tab returning either a "pass" or "fail" for the candidate design being analyzed.

Our help system contains a detailed tutorial explaining how to get started writing analysis plugins. There is also a good amount of sample code available to download on our help system  including a stiffener EA geometry check plugin.

See help topic: https://hypersizer.com/help_7.3/#Udef/Tutorial/udef-tut-reqs.php%3FTocPath%3DAnalysis%2520Plugins%7CDeveloper%2520Tutorial%7C_____1   

Brent

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Minimum web v Maximum spacing Machining requirements
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:09:49 PM »
Brent, is this something that we could include in the smeared grid stiffened plugin package? Then we could provide it to Martin.

-James