Software Use > Analyzing & Optimizing Composite Layups

+/-30* plies

(1/2) > >>

eric:
If I want to end up with a laminate consisting of mainly 0 and 30 degree plies, what is the best way to use the effective and discrete laminate generator options?  Can a +/-30 sublaminate be used for this purpose?

Thanks,

Eric

James:
No that won't work. There used to be 30/60 degree plies in the EL and DL generation steps but they were removed because no-one was using them.

There are two routes you can take:
1. Create a laminate library of DLs with +30/-30 degree plies. When doing the sizing, assign these discrete laminates instead of starting with ELs.
2. Create an orthotropic material with ply properties = effective laminate properties for a +30/-30 laminate. You can obtain the effective laminate properties using the laminate analysis form, see: http://hypersizer.com/help/#Materials/Dl/dl-laminate_analysis_form.php%3FTocPath%3DFeatures%7CMaterials%7CDiscrete%2520Laminates%7C_____4
The issue with this would be running a ply-based analysis may not be very accurate. You would likely need to run a laminate-based strain approach to evaluate strength margins. I suggest option 1 because it will be more accurate for strength analysis.

-James

eric:
Ok thanks!  I think I'll pursue the first option for the accuracy.

WH:
Hi James,
is this the route for creating laminates outside 0,90 and 45 layup?

mraedel:
Hi, are there any plans to re-integrate +-30° and +-60° plies in the effective laminate generation? I'd like to use triax fabric like materials (0°/+-60°/+-60°) in the effective laminate generation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version