News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Is there a way to display the MOS in elements that have RBE elements connected?  (Read 18093 times)

HyperSizer Moderator

• HyperSizer Moderator
  • Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Question submitted by user via email:

Is there a way to display the MOS in elements that have RBE elements connected to them? When I view them in HyperSizer, the elements are greyed out for the elements  where RBE2 elements are connected.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 10:16:12 AM by Phil »

Phil

• Administrator
    •  
What kind of elements are you looking at that are greyed out?  HyperSizer should ignore RBE elements completely and they should not affect the results for CQUAD, CBAR, CTRI, or CROD elements at all. 

HyperSizer Moderator

• HyperSizer Moderator
  • Administrator
    •  
Answer submitted via email:

The elements are CQUAD4 elements.  It seems like always the elements that are connected to RBE elements are grayed out. I also checked different color palettes which gives the range of margin of safety from min to max.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 10:17:27 AM by Phil »

Phil

• Administrator
    •  
It appears that the elements that are showing up with no results actually have zero (or very nearly zero, like 1.0E-11) loads for all load cases.  HyperSizer has a check that when it encounters an element with no loads or thermal gradients, it skips over that element.  The margin of safety would be infinite if it were calculated.  That is why those elements are showing up as having no results.  Is this a problem for you?  I can talk to Craig about what should be shown for those elements, but in reality, the elements do have an infinite margin of safety, so them showing up as “no data” seems appropriate.

Let me know if this makes sense to you or if you need more info.

Phil