News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Element forces not found in load set  (Read 15255 times)

eric

• Client
    •  
Element forces not found in load set
« on: September 22, 2014, 08:24:21 AM »
I'm experimenting with a "results to F06" translator where I print quad forces from an independent database (not a hypersizer db).  I end up with thousands of f06 files I'd like Hypersizer to use for analysis and sizing of a single part.

Everything is OK if I start a new project and bring in a single translated f06 file, but something goes wrong when I try to add new run decks.  If my primary model is 1000.dat/ 1000.f06, when I try to add an additional run deck 1001.dat/ 1001.f06, I get the error in the attached image.  The two output f06 files are formatted identically (only the data is different), and the only difference between the dat files is the two subcases called out.

I have three questions:
1 - What might cause the error?
2 - Is there any particular f06 file formatting that hypersizer expects (# pages, header info, etc)?
3 - Do the additional non-primary run decks need to have bulk data, or can they just have the unique case control to call out the individual load cases?

Thanks!

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Element forces not found in load set
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:51:25 AM »
Eric,

This message is caused by HyperSizer not being able to find loads in the output file corresponding to the subcase ID in the input .dat file. Check the 1001.f06 output file and make sure that "subcase 2" is listed for the element force blocks as shown in the attached image.

The non-primary run decks only need the case control. No FEM data is required.

-James

eric

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 12:29:11 PM »
Thanks James, that did the trick.

-Eric

eric

• Client
    •  
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 01:11:44 PM »
New issue - running into file limit.  Didn't see this in backdoor data settings.  How can I bump this up?  Need about a factor of 10 on that limit.

Thanks,
Eric

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »
Hi Eric,

This is just a limit on the search feature of this form. You might be able to workaround this by making a more restrictive filter "1.dat", "2.dat", etc. and doing multiple "Add Many" operations. In the long run it may be better to consolidate your run decks a little bit.

We will increase this limit in future versions.

To answer your original question #2: When reading the F06 file, we key off of the "F O R C E S   I N   B A R"-type headers. These headers need to be spaced exactly as they are in Nastran. The data columns should also have the same widths as Nastran. We also look for the "SUBCASE ###" breaks, but the spacing is more flexible here. We do not look for page numbers.

When verifying your F06 file it might be useful to export the element forces shown in the FEM viewer. You can do this using the "Export Data' button.
http://hypersizer.com/help/#Form-Graphics/Toolbars/07-TB-DataMgmt.php

Thanks,
Ryan

eric

• Client
    •  
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 10:31:09 AM »
Thanks Ryan.  The consolidation is a good idea, and thanks for the heads up on what Hypersizer looks for in the f06 files.

Eric