News: Contact us to upgrade your software!

Author Topic: Wet and Dry composite lamina properties  (Read 26520 times)

Neergaard

• Client
    •  
Wet and Dry composite lamina properties
« on: August 25, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »
I have data for a polymer matrix uniaxial laminate at multiple temperatures, and in both a dry and vapor soaked condition (wet).  The material hierarchy appears to be organized so that I can put both dry and wet data under the same material (also both thin and thick lamella).  Is this in fact possible?  :( If so, how do I copy my Reinforcement/MatrixW material into the Reinforcement/Matrix material dataset?  How would I create new wet properties in the proper place in the future?

Best regards

Lynn Neergaard

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Wet and Dry composite lamina properties
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:14:29 PM »
The "wet" material distinction in the orthotropic material form allows you to classify the material properties as wet or dry. The material system is either wet or dry. You cannot store both wet and dry properties at the same reference temperture. The suggested approach is to store two material systems, one with wet properties and the other with dry properties. Each material must have a unique material name.

Do you have different load sets where you want to use 'wet' properties and others where you want to use 'dry' properties? It is possible to use material reference temperatures to have HyperSizer use either wet or dry properties for analysis of different load sets. You can store the wet properties at a particular reference temperature and then set the load set reference temperature (Project Setup Form > Load Sets Tab) to the corresponding reference temperature.