News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Stiffened Panel Analysis - Repair Checks (Stiffener)  (Read 16988 times)

stressed2

•  
Stiffened Panel Analysis - Repair Checks (Stiffener)
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:16:49 PM »
Geometry Checks (Stiffener Repair Options)

The document AID067-074 and the Hypersizer help would be more helpful with clarifications. The documentation implies repair rules 71 to 75 are only applicable for composite stiffened panels. Is this correct ?

Also, it would be useful to explain the rational for the back door default geometry check values where possible. The defaults values should state if they are applicable for metallic or composite structures.

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Stiffened Panel Analysis - Repair Checks (Stiffener)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 05:37:01 PM »
The HME document states that Geometry rules 71a-71e are only available for composite stiffened panels. The others, 72-75 can be used for both metallic and composite stiffened panels. The default ratios were tuned for composite stiffened panels. 

designerBridge2009

•  
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 05:41:33 PM »
Hi
Can anyone help me on elementary stages on hyper sizer?
How can I build PM1 file at first, I just have dat and f06 files of a SSSS Isogrid Squar plate  from NASTRAN and There is not any PM1 file! Without this file, Analyz Does not work!

James

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 10:04:39 AM »
HyperSizer does not require a PM1 file. To import a FEM you need a Nastran input file (.dat) and the output file (.op2/.f06).

I recommend to watch the following video tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OiP2WlTmp0

-James