News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Linking materials  (Read 16781 times)

Ruben

•  
Linking materials
« on: May 10, 2016, 03:59:29 AM »
Hello,

Is there a way to link top and bottom materials using the COM interface? I can set it as a database default, but wondering if it was possible to set it differently for different assemblies.
Also, is there a 'Copy to all components' function, so that if I set up the materials and variables of the first component, all other components are also set, without having to go through each one? Or is it just as quick to set each one?

Thanks,
Ruben

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Linking materials
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 08:11:27 AM »
In the HyperSizer interface there are many ways to apply the component setup to all components in an assembly. The "copy to all components" is one option, you can also right-click on any field in the dimensions tab and apply just that selection to all components. Additionally, there are design templates which allow you to store dimensions, materials, load factors, active failure modes, etc. and apply them to components, assemblies and display sets. Applying settings to display sets allows you to specify settings for components in different assemblies.

Templates are very useful for setting up large projects, here is some help documentation about templates: http://hypersizer.com/help_7.2/#Templates/tp-about.php%3FTocPath%3DFeatures%7CTemplates%7C_____1

I'm not sure if templates can be applied via the COM interface.

-James

Ruben

•  
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 12:36:42 AM »
Hi James,

With reference to 'Copy to All', I know about the right-click mouse button option, I was wondering if this was available in the COM interface, as currently I set up each component of an Assembly individually. I was thinking there would be some time saving by setting the first one and then to use some applyToAll function within the COM interface.
This would allow each assembly to have different materials and different bounds, but if they all were the same then a template would work.

Ruben
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:09:27 AM by Ruben »

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 03:15:10 PM »
Hi Ruben,

There's no apply-to-all functionality in the scripting API. There is one exception Assembly.SetGroupConcepts. Templates are not exposed either.

There's no support for linking materials within a concept in the scripting API. We do support single variable linking with ConceptVariable.LinkVariable and full linking Group.LinkDesign.

Thanks,
Ryan

Christian W.

• Client
    •  
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 09:50:23 AM »
Could you give a code example?
I tried  both examples (ConceptVariable.LinkVariable and full linking Group.LinkDesign) and it had no effect.

James

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 10:19:50 AM »
So you're trying to link the top and bottom skins for a sandwich panel? That is linking materials within a single concept. There's no support for linking materials within a concept in the scripting API.

In the interface, this is an assembly setting, not a component/group setting. You could set this as a database default. Through the interface, select Preferences > Design Criteria > Tooling Rules. Select "Link top and bottom skin materials". Note that you'll have to do this for the desired panel concept(s).

-James