News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Hypersizer 6.5.4 does not save modified data by API commands under Windows 7  (Read 11726 times)

hohn

• Client
    •  
I have got a new Laptop with Windows 7 and tried to run a testcase
from my old Windows 7 Laptop (Dell Lattitude E4300) which is attached as python file minimal_error.py.

The Output of the old Laptop with Windows 7 looks like this:
D:\hohn_c\eclipse_workspace\trunk\tmp\delis_20140226_174531>minimal_error.py
D:\hohn_c\eclipse_workspace\trunk\tmp\delis_20140226_174531
login
True
open database
True
D:\hohn_c\eclipse_workspace\trunk\tmp\delis_20140226_174531>

On the new laptop (Dell Lattitude E7440) it produces the following error:
New Laptop with Windows 7
D:\hohn_c\eclipse_workspace\trunk\tmp\delis_20140226_174531>c:\Python27\python.exe minimal_error.py
D:\hohn_c\eclipse_workspace\trunk\tmp\delis_20140226_174531
login
True
open database
True
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "minimal_error.py", line 30, in <module>
    main()
  File "minimal_error.py", line 27, in main
    hsGroup.Save()
  File "<COMObject Item>", line 2, in Save
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147352567, 'Ausnahmefehler aufgetreten.', (0, u'Save [Function]', u'Unhandled Error, Application Error in Group::Save [Function]()\r\n\r\nLine #10, Error #3061, 1 Parameter wurden erwartet, aber es wurden zu wenig Parameter \xfcbergeben.', None, 1000440, -2147188733), None)

It seems to me, that saving data with the help of the Hypersizer API is not possible anymore, if data has been changed before,
As can be seen in the file minimal_error.py.

Could anybody help me please ?

Thank you very much !

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
Hi,

Can you confirm your version of HS again (Help | About)? You said 6.5.4. Do you perhaps mean 6.4.50?

Does this error happen with every database? I've tested using a training project and I haven't been able to repeat the error. To test with a training project, go to File | Import and import any project from the training database (typically located here: "C:\HyperSizer Data\Projects\Collier\_Training UM\[Database]\HyperSizer TRAINING 6.2.hdb")

-Ryan

hohn

• Client
    •  
The Versionnumber of Hypersizer is 6.4.56.
I apologize for giving the wrong number to you.

The attached python script minimal_error.py(.txt) caused the output in the attached
text file Interactive Window.txt for flag = 1,2,3.

flag=2 is relevant for you, maybe also flag=3.

The input file test_hohn_HyperSizer TRAINING 6.2 6.4.hdb was generated by me by generating a new database with hypersizer and importing the file HyperSizer TRAINING 6.2 6.4.hdb, that you proposed in your last answer.

Thank you for your spontaneous help !

Best regards

Christoph

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
I haven't been able to repeat it on my machine, but looking at the code it appears to be a bug cause by running HyperSizer with German language settings.

If possible, can you run change your machine settings to English and see if that fixes the issue?

-Ryan