News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Update FEM Error  (Read 18863 times)

acox

• Client
    •  
Update FEM Error
« on: December 12, 2013, 12:16:03 PM »
I have a working model on a computer with HyperSizer version 6.2.46 that I am trying to run on a different computer that has version 6.2.28 installed. It takes in the original working bdf file, sizes, and when the Update FEM method is run (whether in batch or manually), the new bdf is a lot shorter and includes a section that looks like this:

$ <CRD INCLUDE START> $
$ PM - Generated section properties and materials
INCLUDE 'model_file.pm1'
$ EL - Element property assignments, orientations, and offsets
INCLUDE 'model_file.cel1'
$ <CRD INCLUDE STOP> $

NASTRAN seems to run the bdf but when it comes back to HyperSizer it breaks and throws this error:

Error using Interface.67776850_032C_4E51_A2D1_0C0EFACB3FD6/UpdateFEM
Invoke Error, Dispatch Exception:
Source: UpdateFEM
Description: Unhandled Error, Application Error in Project::UpdateFEM ()

Line #3, Error #1, The iteration FEM could not be created because an CRD include statement was found at line 29022 in the source FEM.

Is this due to a difference in the Update FEM method between the two versions of HyperSizer or is there some other issue?

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Update FEM Error
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 06:25:12 PM »
HyperFEA has been made more robust in the newer versions. I recommend updating to v6.4.

The need for include files has been resolved. The new HyperFEA dumps all the updated properties, materials and elements directly into the iteration FEM. See: http://hypersizer.com/help/#FE-Update/update-iteration_fem.php

If the source FEM already contains include statements, the iteration FEM will preserve the original file structure whenever possible. For example, if the source FEM has an include file that only contains loads and boundary conditions, this iteration FEM will reference the same file.