News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Selection of Failure Analysis Category  (Read 11514 times)

ULBsha

•  
Selection of Failure Analysis Category
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:57:43 AM »
Hi,

I am working in a Database, with several FEA projects. In each project, I have a high number of groups.

I would like to know if it is possible to turn on or off a failure analysis category (Buckling, Panel for instance), for all the family concepts of all the groups that I have, but only in one of my projects (so I can't use the 'Analysis Defaults' options). 

I tried "Apply selections to all compononets in Project #...", but it doesn't seem to apply what I want to do.

Indeed, doing it manually for each family concept and all the groups that I have is time consumming...

PS: I know that it is not in the right topic, but since it is related: is that possible to do it using Object Model capabilities (Matlab or Excel) ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:53:16 PM by ULBsha »

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Selection of Failure Analysis Category
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »
The feature you mentioned
"Apply selections to all components in Project #..."
Is the most efficient way to apply failure selections to many components in a group, assembly or project.

In the failure tab, you will need to go to each panel concept you are analyzing and select the desired failure modes. Then you will have to select the "apply to all" option. At most, you will only have to perform this option for every panel concept that you are sizing.

When doing this, it is important to know that the analysis selections will only be applied for the visible failure modes. So if you have failure methods that are not being displayed then selecting this option will not activate or deactivate the hidden failure modes for any component in the group, assembly or project.

I hope this is helpful.

-James

ULBsha

•  
Re: Selection of Failure Analysis Category
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:10:01 PM »
Thanks James.

My problem was, as you highlighted it, the checked "Hide Unselected" box. By unchecking it, the "Apply to all" option works correctly.

Kind regards