News: Contact us to upgrade your software!

Author Topic: import materials via COM API  (Read 14222 times)

Sascha

• Client
    •  
import materials via COM API
« on: July 17, 2013, 03:53:37 AM »
Hi there,

is it possible to import materials over importing a different database within the COM-Interface? I found the command :"ImportDatabase" , but I don't undertstand the last argument: "strImportStatus".

Thanks, Sascha
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:55:26 AM by Sascha »

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
Re: import materials via COM API
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 06:29:55 AM »
This (hidden) method is not supported anymore. I believe the strStatus argument was originally meant to return error messages from the import.

Instead of importing materials from a separate database, you can you can create you own template database with your materials. When you create a new database, materials from the template will already be there.

http://hypersizer.com/help/index.php#Form-DbX/tdb-jump.php

-Ryan

Sascha

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 07:36:29 AM »
Hi Ryan,
thanks for this fast answer. My goal is to import automatically (through python) generated materials. For example, i want to create effective and or discrete laminates automatically during a sofware run.
The idea was to create a *.mdb file with the EL-Definitions via python and import these materials. Do you know another way to do this?

Thanks, Sascha

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 08:00:04 AM »
We don't have a way to automatically generate ELs through the scripting API. We don't support importing materials via scripting either. The usual workaround is to generate a set of ELs through the user interface, and then reuse that database.

-Ryan

Sascha

• Client
    •  
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 02:23:00 AM »
Ok, thanks.