News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Composite form to Creat EL (retrieved design not =Required design)  (Read 26493 times)

orchidworld

•  
Composite form to Creat EL (retrieved design not =Required design)
« on: September 06, 2012, 01:07:18 AM »
Dear Everyone,

i have asked many questions about hypersizer's use.  thanks everyone, especial James.

Today i try to creat EL with Composite Form, there are 4 components in one assembly, Required Design =4, all other 3 components retrieved 4 design result, only one component is 3 design result.  MOS is all ok for every candidate design. so i am very confused why there are only 3 result for a component.

Detailed please see the attachment.  Word document or pictures.

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Composite form to Creat EL (retrieved design not =Required design)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 08:32:14 AM »
This appears to be a bug.

When HyperSizer sizes the component to find the lightest weight solution if there are multiple designs with the same weight, it chooses the one that has the highest Minimum Margin of Safety.

So in your example, candidate 1 and candidate 2 have the same weight. Candidate 2 has higher margins so it chooses candidate 2.

Then when it has to return multiple designs, it starts at the chosen candidate and marches through the candidate in ascending order until it finds enough designs to satisfy the requested designs.

In your example, it chooses candidate 2 as the optimum, then it tries candidate 3 and 4. It should be going back and trying candidate 1, then 3 and 4.

I was able to repeat this error. We will address this in the next software version.

-James