News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Components created by HS get lost during reimport  (Read 12839 times)

A.Seidel

• Client
    •  
Components created by HS get lost during reimport
« on: July 13, 2012, 04:22:52 AM »
Hi,

I created several new components using the composites form -> Define laminate FEM zones.
After this step I tried an iteration with HyperFEA, which failed due to an error while executing abaqus.
(The error in Abaqus was caused by "empty" Shell general sections, which referred to the old Element sets/ old components containing no Elements)

I fixed the error in the input file and tried to reimport the newly created file into a copy of my Project.

Everyhing works now including the HyperFEA-tool, but the component assignments are lost and the defaults from the FEA-model are taken.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks, A.Seidel
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 06:26:58 AM by A.Seidel »

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Components created by HS get lost during reimport
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 07:50:35 AM »
Hello Seidel,

When you use the Reimport feature, HyperSizer will read the component definition from the FEM. The components created in the graphics will be deleted. There is a warning message that appears after you select reimport that explains any custom data will be overwritten.

In the future, you could use the Update FEM feature to allow HyperSizer to write the new components to a FEM file. Then reimport this file.

-James

A.Seidel

• Client
    •  
Re: Components created by HS get lost during reimport
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:48:46 AM »
Thanks for the explanation!