News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Material thickness display  (Read 25013 times)

phoenixxp

•  
Material thickness display
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:46:33 AM »
Dear Lady/Sir,

I am enjoying your marvelous software for some time now and I have noticed one small error. Since my location is Europe I am fond of using the metric system. Therefore I have all my sizing forms set to metric too. However, when I made a ply material to be used for a Grid-Stiffened panel family optimization in the sizing form the thickness is displayed in inches (see picture). What is a little inconvenient is that there is no unit mentioning there too. So for a while (thinking I am set to metric) I was bothered by the mismatch from what I set and what was displayed. I was quite confused until I used the conversion factor from inches to meters and found that it was the desirable value, but displayed in inches.
It is a rather small issue, but it kept me busy for some time. I think it would be beneficial if the field also indicated the units.

Kind regards,

Leonid Pavlov

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Material thickness display
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:51:10 AM »
Thanks. This was an oversight. The material thickness display should be linked to the project display units. We will fix this in a future version.

Let us know if you have anymore suggestions for improving future versions of HyperSizer.

-James
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:53:37 AM by James »