News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Retrieve Design  (Read 15055 times)

trelau

• Client
    •  
Retrieve Design
« on: May 07, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »
I'm trying to use the "RetrieveDesign" command within MATLAB and it says that the design cannot be found, even though I created a group design object successfully. Below are my commands,

oGroupDesign = oGroup.GlobalDesigns.Item('z-panels') --> this successfully creates a group design object with correct group design  numbers and name

oGroup.RetrieveDesign(oGroupDesign) --> this says the design cannot be found

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Trevor

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Retrieve Design
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »
Perhaps there is something wrong with passing the optional arguments to the RetrieveDesign() method.

Try:

Code: [Select]
oGroup.RetrieveDesign(oGroupDesign, True, False)

trelau

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 08:18:58 AM »
If I try passing the optional arguments I get the following error in MATLAB,

>>oGroup.RetrieveDesign(oGroupDesign, 'True', 'False')

"??? No method 'RetrieveDesign' with matching signature found for class
'Interface.HyperSizer_Advanced_Structural_Analysis_Library,_v6.2.Group."

An engineer from NASA, who is doing the same thing except in VB, sent me his code and I have the same issues. Is there something on the HyperSizer end that I may not have setup right?

Thanks for the help.

trelau

• Client
    •  
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:49:33 AM »
Any chance this could be a bug in my version of HyperSizer (v6.2.28)? I've had this version for a while through our lab, but your website said v6.2 was released in May of 2012. I'm not sure what else to do except maybe re-install HyperSizer.

Thanks,
Trevor

trelau

• Client
    •  
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 10:04:57 AM »
In case anyone comes across this same problem, here is a response from Ryan that solved the problem in VBA.

"RetrieveDesign returns a boolean (true = success). Make sure you set the return value else matlab won't recognize the function (interface).

blnResult = oGroup.RetrieveDesign(oDesign, True, False)

I have confirmed that it works in VBA for global designs with the uniaxial family."

It still doesn't work it MATLAB, but it seems to have fixed the issues in VBA.