News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Poll

Is there a way to set the failure analyses for one group only with the COM method?hod?

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Setting Failure Analysis with COM mode  (Read 13826 times)

maribatcric

• Client
    •  
Setting Failure Analysis with COM mode
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »
I would like to set the failure methods for one group only in a project that I have. The thing is, if I preset the analysis defaults through the associated window, the selected failure analyses gets transferred to all applicable groups in the model. I want a unique set of failure analyses selected for this one group.

Any ideas how this can be done when the database is accessed through the COM method and the finite element information is imported for each iteration?

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: Setting Failure Analysis with COM mode
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 04:07:04 PM »
For any given component, you can override the default settings for individualized settings for that component.  When you set defaults, it does not change anything that already exists.  The defaults only affect components that are assigned to groups after the defaults have been changed.

Once you set the failure analyses for a component, then you can choose to apply these selections to all of the other components in the same group, by going to the Failure tab, pressing the Options button, and the pressing, "Apply selections to all components in Group...".  This way you will not affect any components that are outside your current group.  But you should not do this using the defaults.

I'm not sure what you mean about you question about doing it through COM method.  Are you saying that you want to adjust the failure modes between each finite element iteration?

maribatcric

• Client
    •  
Re: Setting Failure Analysis with COM mode
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »
Basically my group has Hypersizer automated to do the following:
1) Import an FEM .bdf and .f06 file
2) Assign all components to pre-existing groups
3) Analyze the entire project and update the .bdf file.
4) Externally analyze the .bdf file with NASTRAN
5) Loop

The problem is, upon opening the Hypersizer database, the default failure modes are enabled. I know that I can set my preferences in the 'analysis defaults section,' but these settings are not specific to one group only, but to entire families. I would like to change the failure analyses for one group only. Moreover, the method that you mentioned uses the Hypersizer GUI. I would like to change the failure analyses in an automated manner, using the Object modeling (COM) capability of Hypersizer. The method that you mentioned involves the user going into the model and manually changing the failure analyses. These changes get reset every time the FEM is re-imported.

Is there a way, similar to how the variable bounds can be set for each variable, that the failure analyses for each group be set individually via. the Object modeling method?