News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: ImportFEM Vs. Update FEM and printing report via COM  (Read 13113 times)

adeschenes

• Client
    •  
ImportFEM Vs. Update FEM and printing report via COM
« on: February 14, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »
I'm attempting to use the project.importFEM and project.updateFEM calls to update a project's FEM (I add everything to groups after updating) and update the iteration FEM afterward to allow the run to be iterated in the module being constructed.  Is the import FEM equivalent to the setup form's reimport FEM button?

Also, is there any way to print an excel stress report thru the COM module as opposed to pulling the data out of the module? I can see how to do the latter in the manual & tutorials but not the former.  I don't need the additional control of he output that would necessitate the COM model being used to pull out variables.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
Re: ImportFEM Vs. Update FEM and printing report via COM
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:26:09 AM »
There appears to be a bug in the ImportFEM() method. Unfortunately this means the initial import will have to be done manually.

There is no method to perform a Reimport().

Stress reports are not exposed in the object model either. The only option right now is pull individual margin and variable results out directly using COM. The spreadsheet utility has a pretty generic interface for do this.

-Ryan