News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: # Requested Designs ignored  (Read 30288 times)

cra5072

• Client
    •  
# Requested Designs ignored
« on: July 21, 2011, 02:03:50 PM »
I recently upgraded to version 6.1.67 and I am having trouble in the project sizing form and composites-ply count compatibility form. In either form, HyperSizer will only output 1 design regardless of what is entered in the "requested designs" field.

Has anyone else observed this problem or does anyone know what may be causing it?

Thanks

-Chris

James

• Administrator
    •  
Re: # Requested Designs ignored
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 09:09:52 AM »
To display multiple designs on the composites form, there has to be multiple optimum solutions for the components in the assembly.

Requesting multiple optimum Designs (Project Sizing Form):
You must request more than one design on the project sizing form. For the best ply count compatibility results we suggest requesting at least 25 designs. For v6.1.67, this option does not work with variable linking, make sure this is turned off. After the optimization confirm the are multiple optimum designs. You can see the optimum designs by using the "design, candidate, Unit Weight" drop-down at the top-right of the project sizing form.

Returning multiple compatible designs (Composites Form):
To allow HyperSizer to explore the design space and return multiple compatible designs, turn off the "Return Design from Sizing Form" in the upper left of the composites form. You also need to define the maximum number of designs to display in the upper right of the composites form. Then, choose your compatibility emphasis, your starting component, and set the Min % Continuous plies to somewhere around 85% (100% is most compatible, but not always achievable). Select optimize on the composites form and scroll through the compatible designs using the "Select Design" drop-down.

Important Notes:
1. In the top of the composites form, the name of the active assembly and panel variable are displayed. Make sure this is the desired panel object and assembly.
2. Plydrops must be defined for the assembly using the graphics window.

There is very thorough documentation on the 6 step laminate optimization process capability in our online help system:

http://hypersizer.com/help/index_CSH.php#Form-Composites/comp-01-gen_el.php

cra5072

• Client
    •  
Re: # Requested Designs ignored
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »
Thank you for your detailed answer. I had design links in several groups and that's exactly where the issue was. I figured it was something simple... thanks again!