News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Error on HyperSizer.Application.CloseDatabase  (Read 15456 times)

clayton_little

• Client
    •  
Error on HyperSizer.Application.CloseDatabase
« on: April 29, 2011, 09:17:42 AM »
I have a VBA script that runs HyperSizer thousands of times. After 20,000 or so calculations, the database grows too large, and no more calculations can be performed. I can fix this by manually compacting the database, however I'd like to do this using the API if possible. I'm running into problems closing the database, though.

I am guessing that in order to compact the database I have open, I must first close it. When I make the call:

Code: [Select]
HyperSizer.Application.CloseDatabase
...I get an unhandled error that reads:

"Run-time error '-2147188733 (80048003)' Unhandled Error, Application Error in Application::CloseDatabase[Function]() Line #17, Error #-2147188737, Error returning HyperSizer license"

I am using version 5.8.11 of HyperSizer. Any sage advice on how to get around this?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:23:49 AM by clayton_little »

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
Re: Error on HyperSizer.Application.CloseDatabase
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 10:28:33 AM »
It looks like both the CloseDatabase and CompactDatabse methods are broken. I have submitted support tickets to fix these bugs.

As a workaround for CloseDatabase you can set the application object to nothing.
Code: [Select]
Set hsApplication = Nothing
Unfortunately, I do not have a workaround for CompactDatabase. It looks like that needs to be done manually. I guess the only option is break the analysis into chunks, pause the analysis at certain intervals, and manually compact the database.

What is the approximate size of your analysis? How many components, candidates per component, load cases, and iterations with FEA?

clayton_little

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »
In this case, I'm running a workspace (no FEM) with 1 user defined load case on a single (panel) component. There are ~1,000 candidate designs. For each calculation, I modify the loads, save the component, and re-run.

With the workaround for closing the database, I suppose another option would be making several copies of my compacted database on my file system, and then swapping them out as I run out of space. I'll give that a whirl on Monday...

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 11:55:15 AM »
This bug has been fixed in the latest development version. The fix will be publicly available in the next release (6.2).