News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Graphics Window 'Save Snapshot...' error message  (Read 13352 times)

garyjh

• Client
    •  
Graphics Window 'Save Snapshot...' error message
« on: March 25, 2011, 08:24:02 AM »
Every time I try and use the 'Save Snaphot' icon I get the following message "Application Error in frmFEM::SaveScreenShot  [ Sub ] Line #6, error #-2005530516, Automation error" and it does not save a .bmp file in the project output folder.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:26:44 AM by garyjh »

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: Graphics Window 'Save Snapshot...' error message
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 01:22:45 PM »
Hi Gary,

You might need to update your directx drivers.

Can you check the directx driverse by doing the following:

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
3. On the System tab, note the version of DirectX displayed on the DirectX Version line.

I believe this feature requires DirectX Version 8.1 or newer. Let me know what version you are seeing.

The only other possibility that I can think of is that for some reason you don't have full access to the output folder, but if you can successfully analyze components, this seems unlikely.

In our office we tend to not use this feature any more and we have not removed it yet, but are considering it. There are several easy ways to get snapshots of the graphics. One is to get a third party tool specifically for taking snapshots. We use a tool called "Snagit" which has been really excellent. Another easy way is to press "Alt-PrtScn". This will take a snapshot of the entire screen and put it in your paste buffer. Then you can paste the snapshot into Word or MS Paint and crop it or do whatever you want with it.

Please let me know if this helps

garyjh

• Client
    •  
Re: Graphics Window 'Save Snapshot...' error message
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 04:15:36 AM »
The directx version on the PC is DirectX Version 9.0c. To use a third party software package is difficult as we are on a large network, with most software provided by CSC. We can only get development type software, like Hypersizer, on development PCs going through a quite strict purchasing route. I have been using alt-printscrn, but I just thought that the snapshot tool may have been better than that. Thanks.