News: Contact us to upgrade your software!

Author Topic: Runtime Error - not enough memory  (Read 13937 times)

SD_Gabe

•  
Runtime Error - not enough memory
« on: June 02, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »
I am attempting to analyze a model with approximately 250 load cases. I haven't had an issue with this before however I am getting the following Error: F6763. The model imports fine, it just won't analyze.

Is there a size limit or load case limit that can be reached? The .f06 I'm trying to run is just over 500 MB.

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: Runtime Error - not enough memory
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »
First, what version of HyperSizer are you running?  For really large models with a lot of load cases, we saw some memory problems with earlier versions of HyperSizer (before 5.8).

Second, one of the things that can cause memory problems is if you have element or nodal "spans" that are very large... by span I mean you have some elements that have IDs that are low and other elements that have IDs that are very high.  For example, if you have an element with an ID of 1 and your highest ID element has an ID of 99,000,001, then your span is 99 million... this can cause problems in earlier versions of HyperSizer.  The problem is that there are arrays which can span this entire range and Windows 32 bit will not allow the total memory of a program to go past 2 GB of total RAM.  Is it possible that your model fits this description?