News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Using HyperFEA to Redefine the Component Definition in the Finite Element Model  (Read 12794 times)

James

• Administrator
    •  
Here is a general process to follow:

1.Start HyperFEA from the original project with the original component breakup.  If you have already performed any component breakup in the project using HyperSizer you will have to go back..sorry

1a.Remember, for any component you plan to eventually size with HyperSizer, then you will need to place that component in a group. Generally, this means all components should be assigned to group(s). See 2.d below.

2.Start HyperFEA from the Setup tab of the desired project and select “Preprocess your FEM”.  HyperFEA will separate your bulk data file into a series of include statements:

2a.Your Property definitions will be in   [filename]_i00.pm1
2b.Your panel elements will be in   [filename]_i00.cp1
2c.Your beam elements will be in   [filename]_i00.cl1
2d.***If you have any components, beams or panels, that are not assigned to groups they will be sorted into   [filename]_UA    files,  this is an unassigned location which renders them inactive for the HyperFEA iterations.  You should avoid this. Refer to 1.a above.

3.HyperFEA will copy your project and rename it     [project name]_HyperFEA  This keeps you from writing over any original property data.

4.Run 1-2 iterations of HyperFEA, allow HyperSizer to size twice and Nastran to solve once

4a.Tip:  May want to go into the HyperFEA options and select ‘delete FEA files for completed iterations’, this will keep your directory from filling up with unneeded files.

5.After iterations are complete, perform desired component breakup in the    [project name]_HyperFEA   project (not your original project), using the graphics window functions.

6.After you have created your new components, and assigned them to groups.  Run another 1-2 iterations of HyperFEA on the project.  The last bulk data file HyperFEA creates will be the new model with the desired component breakup.

6a.Keep in mind it will be separated into include statements, may want to merge them once your done.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 01:35:39 PM by James »