News: Contact us to upgrade your software!

Author Topic: HyperWorks  (Read 34434 times)

Ginny

HyperWorks
« on: June 02, 2009, 08:58:59 AM »
I am currently a heavy user of the HyperWorks
suite of tools (HyperMesh for pre-processing and
Radioss solver) and would like to be able to use
Hypersizer in conjunction with these tools in a
similar way Hypersizer is able to use Patran/Femap
and Nastran. How would I go about doing this? Is
HyperMesh/Radioss supported? If not, when will it
be supported?

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: HyperWorks
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »
I'm sorry, at this time we do not offer support for HyperMesh or HyperWorks and we do not have any immediate plans to support these products. 

bwshockley

•  
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 09:01:31 AM »
If it's just a matter of reading in the FEM and the Force Results file, we can export the FEM in a bulk data file easy enough from Hypermesh...I guess the main issue would be getting a force results file out from Hypermesh.  Even if we can't run HyperFEA with it, it'd be nice to be able to export and then import directly from Hypermesh to HyperSizer.  Could we fool it into importing a .bdf file and try and match some sort of loads/force file?

dflo

•  
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 09:50:39 AM »
Thats a good point. MyperMesh is able to export any number of file options, including nastran neutral files. Would this possibly be a work around to get HyperMesh and Hypersizer to work together? It is really disappointing Hypersizer is specific to Nastran. We have phased Nastran out in favor HyperMesh, and now find out Hypersizer is extremely limited in the fea coupling capabilities. 

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 05:43:36 PM »
Current HyperSizer Version 5.6.38:

You could export the model into Nastran format, but unfortunately unless you have a nastran solver, there would be no way to get loads into HyperSizer.

At one time we had a neutral file format that could have been used for this purpose, however, recent changes to the software have apparently made this neutral file format unusable.  We will be looking at that in the months to come and if there is any progress on using a neutral file to pull in information, I'll be sure to post back here.

Thanks,
Phil

WH

•  
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 02:29:45 AM »
Hi,
My company has now also including Hyperwork for analysis (beside Nastran). Has there been any update/progress with regards to Hypersizer interfacing with Hyperwork since this thread in 2009?

Ryan

• Administrator
    •  
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 06:35:27 AM »
We still do not have direct support for RADIOSS. We have done some preliminary testing and we've found that the RADIOSS input and output formats are largely compatible with Nastran, so you may be able to use RADIOSS with our existing Nastran integration.

-Ryan