News: Contact us to upgrade your software!

Author Topic: HyperFEA duplicating quad elements during iterative analysis  (Read 17797 times)

jgessler

• Client
    •  
I'm currently experimenting with HyperFEA, analyzing a generic wing model composed of CQUAD4 elements.  I set the analysis up to run four iterations, but on the third iteration, HyperFEA generates a *.CP1 file in which it duplicates one of the CQUAD4 elements.  I've re-run the analysis three times to verify.  I also tried running two iterations to start, then running a third separately, but that yields the same results.

I know it's probably hard to address this without seeing the model, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if I've stumbled onto some sort of bug.

This is the same model I brought to the class last week, and got it to run fine while I was there.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: HyperFEA duplicating quad elements during iterative analysis
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 10:30:48 AM »
First, are you running the latest software (V 5.6.38) that was used in the class last week?  I would definitely recommend getting that version before trying anything else.

I believe I have seen this problem once before but I was never able to trace it down.  Unfortunately I don't have a workaround right now other than manually editing the CP1 file, removing the repeated element, and carrying on the iteration manually.

Is there any possibility of getting the FEM and database where this problem is occuring?  If so, I can provide you an upload location and if we have the model, we will of course treat it as proprietary.

Let me know if I can help.
Phil

jgessler

• Client
    •  
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 01:43:28 PM »
Sorry.  Forgot the software information.  I am indeed running V 5.6.38.

I can upload the *.hdb, *.bdf, and *.f06 file for you to look at if you like.

garyjh

• Client
    •  
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »
This is happening to me now both in HyperFEA with the first iteration .CP1 file having a duplicate CQUAD4 element created which then falls over when run with NASTRAN and it has also happened with the .CP1 file that is created when running a project in Hypersizer.

Has anything ever been found that can create this?

I am running v5.8 but unfortunately can not send you the bdf file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

garyjh

• Client
    •  
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »
It has happened again today on a newly created database and project, with no links whatsoever to the database and projects which this problem occured on yesterday. It was also on the 4th iteration, with the first 3 running OK. It seems random when it occurs.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hyperuser

• Client
    •  
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 12:37:49 AM »
I have had this issue with v.5.8.11.  The project I was running had multiple run decks and thermal loads.  I noticed if I had all the load cases checked in the Load Cases tab this would happen.  However, when I deselected the Thermal only load cases (which weren't sizing anything, anyway), the output was correct.