News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: Importing default analysis settings from one HyperSizer database to another  (Read 17609 times)

HyperSizer User

• Client
    •  
Is there a way import the default failure analyses and load factors for a database when importing to a new database? I upgraded my database from 5.3 to 5.4 and would like to import the default settings.

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
When you import from one database to another, there should be an “Advanced” tab.  I think there is a button on there to import database defaults from the old database to the new.  Let me know if you have trouble finding it.

HyperSizer User

• Client
    •  
I tried that on the import, but the imported settings were the HyperSizer defaults. I guess my original database had the HyperSizer defaults. Next time I will make sure to get them right before I do the import.

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
The imported defaults will not affect any existing projects, only newly created projects.   Existing projects are not modified by the database default settings.  This is by design.  That way, you can set up a bunch of projects and have different settings for each project and then when you change your database defaults, you won't get different results for all of those existing projects.

Let me know if this is unclear.