News: HyperSizer.com has a Community Board and Customer Support System. Submit a ticket at http://hypersizer.com/ticket

Author Topic: How to switch load case  (Read 15589 times)

iankim

•  
How to switch load case
« on: October 29, 2008, 01:47:07 AM »
Hi,

There are 3 load cases in my hypersizer optimization.
My question is how to switch between load cases?
I thought the strength and buckling internal load would be
automatically changed when I switch load case but the load
remains unchanged.(It seems internal load is just fixed to the value under
the ultimate-mechanical load case("Plus3G" in this case)
This is not understandable because critical load case is variable
depending on which component and group.
What is the answer supposed to be?

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: How to switch load case
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 10:31:25 AM »
The loads shown as controlling loads on the Design-To loads tab of the Sizing form are always going to show the "controlling" loads for each component, that is, the loads that cause the lowest margin of safety.  If you change to a different component, and that new component is controlled by a different load case than the first, then you should see a different load case shown on the design-to loads tab.

If you want to see results for a different load case than the controlling load case, there are two ways you can do that. 

First, go to the project setup form, load cases tab, and deactivate the load case that is showing up as controlling.  Then analyze the component again.  This time, HyperSizer will not consider the load case you turned off and you will see different controlling loads.

The second, preferable, option is to leave all load cases turned on and then generate a Word Stress report after you analyze the component.  If you do this, then you can get information regarding all of the load cases, not just the controlling load case.

Let me know if this helps.