News: Need training? HyperSizer Training Videos are available now! Learn more here: https://hypersizer.com/trainingevents/e-learning/

Author Topic: Problem running HyperSizer for a model with very high element IDs  (Read 16346 times)

HyperSizer User

• Client
    •  
I have a model where the element IDs are extremely high (>90,000,000) and when I try to analyze any components in the model, I get the error "There was an error running HyperSizer".  How can I get this model to work correctly?

Phil

• Administrator
    • HyperSizer Structural Sizing Software
    •  
Re: Problem running HyperSizer for a model with very high element IDs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »
I tried analyzing your model in HyperSizer have run into a strange memory error and I believe we may have run into a 2 GB program size limit on Windows 32 programs.  It is very strange and doesn’t fail at a place that makes any sense and this is indicative of memory problems.

I think I might know why it is failing now and wasn’t before.  HyperSizer not only reads in the maximum element ID, but also the minimum element ID.  It has to allocate some memory for some arrays that are dimensioned (minelementID  to maxelementID).  So if your minimum element ID is 1000000 and your max is 1000001, then the dimensions of this array would only be 2, however if your minimum element ID were 1, then the dimensions of this array would be 1000001.   I’m suspecting that perhaps your previous model, which ran fine, had a relatively high minimum ID, but the same maximum ID as your current model.  In your current model, the minimum element id is 1.  So now HyperSIzer is having trouble.  I don’t have a quick fix for you other than renumbering your elements… either take the low numbered elements and make them much higher numbered (in the same range as your maximum ID), or take your high numbered elements and make them much lower.   This same holds true with component and grid IDs.